Thursday, February 17, 2011

The File that Reminded Me of Life...

I was organizing my desktop at my office today and moving files around, creating work folders and just making things happen. I was upbeat, on top of my game, taking the bull by the horns and then I went to move an excel file and it said I couldn't do it.

The FILE was in use by another program and couldn't be moved. It slowed my progress down. I had to open, save, save as, close to be able to move it. I then went on to my next task and BAM!!!

"The Excel File is being used by another program and CANNOT be moved" and it struck how often we move thru life expecting that we can just Change things without allowing our past to be closed.

We try to manipulate change, often at our own expense of hurt, shame, or pain trying to rewrite things into great folder of life so we don't have to see them when all we are really doing it hiding them among other files.

I learned today I can't even change the name of a file when it's opened and being used by another program. How many of us has tried to change the name of our past just to be able to tuck it away so we can't remember what it used to be. I have...

But in my folly of trying to organize my files I realized two truths...

The First Truth;
One File can't be used, manipulated or renamed when it's being used by two different programs...

The Second Truth;
I realized that there are only TWO programmers that work on this earth...

Myself or God...

And if I am the file He wants to use then He can't change, rewrite or rename if I have it opened in my own program, for my own purposes, for my own ways...and if I try to change it, it rewrites itself because it won't recognize my
program and then it's lost...

But I want GOD to be the Programmer, File Creator, File Renamer' and File Deleter in my Folder of Life...I want Him to write my future...Write the Changes that need to be made... and Delete out of my life those things that will block my future in Him...

We are made in His Image...and Formed by His Hands... Let's stay with the Original Programmer...

Anyways...That's my thought for the day...

No comments: