Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Mind is too Beautiful to Waste...

There is much to be said of positive thinking. Tony Robbins, Dr. Phil and Oprah Winfrey are folks who like to find positives out of negatives. They find people who have been thru battles and have overcome them to others who are going thru things currently. A recent book promoted on Oprah is called "The Secret” I haven’t read it but have discussed it with some folks who have whom I work with. According to my discussions with them it seems to mirror a book written years ago by Norman Vincent Peale called "The Power of Positive Thinking". The two books while good for thinking and feeling positive seem arrive at their zenith from a completely humanistic view of the world and much less from a Biblical view and I will explain the difference.

Faith...

In my life I have found that positive thinking works,
When I exercise my Faith in God by Praying
Positive!

When I go before the Throne of the Creator and pray in Faith believing that God can do anything it seems to fortify my thought process knowing that God has heard my prayers. I can get up from prayer and no matter what I encounter during the day or life there is a structure of Faith that supports me. There is a scripture that says, "I Can DO ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me". Another scripture says that when I pray I must believe that God exists and he will reward me when I seek him diligently. When I go to God in prayer it should be with a positive attitude or expectant attitude because I want God to know, I believe in Him. I often find that when I pray believing and walk in Faith, there is a spring in my step and a confidence in my soul that God will and can take care of me no matter what will come against me.

No building can be built from the outside in. There must be a network of beams welded and bonded together built on the inside that supports what is seen on the outside. The network of inner strength is tested and tried when the outside is applied and if it’s built correctly and designed correctly, the building will be stand and be completed.

That building is like our lives. We are designed by our Creator to have an inner support structure within us that will be our strength and help us to stand. Faith is the Support Structure within us. It is the beams bonded together that build our lives and help us to stand when the winds and storms come and nothing can destroy us.

Praying Positive will produce Positive Thinking in You.



Humanism...

What is missing in the Humanistic View of Positive Thinking?

A Support Structure of a basic necessity that all men and women were created with. From the Humanistic View there is nothing to fall back on or find strength in when positive thinking doesn't bring you thru your problems. There is nothing to hope for when all is gone or the walls have tumbled down. Even if you are rich and wealthy beyond your wildest expectations there is still a missing link in your life. You won't find happiness or achieve satisfaction and there is no inner support that will bring you fulfillment when all you have is positive thinking. Why, because Positive Thinking alone can't save you or bring you fulfillment. As humans we can only go as far as our minds will let us and once we've arrived unless we have Faith in God there we will find no satisfaction for the soul.
We can only look at those who have crowded the headlines of late and have seen the sadness of their lives to understand that money and power can't buy happiness or fulfillment. There must be something beyond those things that can provide fulfillment in your life because those that have reached those goals certainly seem unhappy. Hmmmm??.... You say.....

Need a Support Structure? Pray you’re Faith in God

Pray Positive believing that God will bring you through. Pray Positive Believing that in the Midst of your Trial, God will be that Structure you can rely on and rest upon. Pray Positive believing that in the Middle of your storm there will be a Peace that your soul will possess that Passes All understanding and the wisdom of men will never equal the wisdom of God's Word and the Faith by which we stand. Praying Positive that thru health, family and finance that God will be there when all else fails. A noted Author Joy Haney had a radio program called “Diamonds for Dusty Roads” that simply began with “Faith Looks Up, Worry looks around and Doubt looks down”. That Faith that was delivered to the Saints in God’s Word is now delivered to us to deliver us and bring us thru.

Humanism will NEVER Trump Faith

We were created by God and for God and He is the satisfaction that will fulfill our lives. People will let you down but God will never let you down. He may not deliver your from the trial but He will carry you thru it. There have been times in my life where my Faith in God was all I had left (I had it all wrong). I should have realized my Faith in God is what I had MOST. I had tried to carry everything, every weight and every trial but I realized that many times even though I believed I was praying negatively. I was praying for Deliverance and not praying for Victory, I was praying a "Why God" Prayer and not praying an” I Believe God Can" prayer. I was praying an "acceptance of problem prayer" and not praying an "Overcoming Prayer"... the Bible says we have not at times because we ask amiss. Maybe a part of the problem is our perception of our situation and WHO God is and WHO we are in HIM. We are over-comers In Him and Victorious.

The Real Power Behind Positive Thinking in my Life Is Positive Praying!!


It will be the attitude of my Day. It will be the Strength in my Soul. It will carry me thru my storms, and it will carry you to. Find somewhere to pray today and Let God know you believe in Him…

Be Encouraged...

Randy

No comments: